Saturday, June 25, 2011

BBQ #2 and a Little Q

We had our second barbecue of the season yesterday. Now that we actually have a backyard, we're trying to get as much use out of it as we can.

We had a PE staff BBQ, minus half of the PE staff and with the addition of my sis and The Q. It was a nice group. Coming up with a menu was a challenge. Our PE boys don't really do vegetables. Or anything too "creative." Yeah, they're weird. At any rate we stuck to the basics.
Ross started smoking the brisket at 8:30AM. The sis brought some filthy and delicious mac and cheese. I put together potato wedges and a couple of salads (for us girls) - our garden is exploding with greens and herbs (yay!). Then, my favorite part - dessert. This is the real reason I invite people over - so I have an excuse to make ice cream. This was my first attempt at ice cream sandwiches. They were good.



And this was my favorite guest.

3 comments:

  1. Both pics are yummy!! Looks like the little man is either "caught" with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar or he is lending a helping hand...I choose to believe the latter!
    I think I need the recipe for the ice cream sandwiches, not that I'll make them (ha!)I'll just drool over the ingredients and dream... less fattening that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q was "organizing" things for me. Very helpful. I'll get you the recipe. If you use low fat ice cream or frozen yogurt, it isn't too bad. I made low fat vanilla ice cream for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out great Bobbi! Sorry we couldn't make it. :(

    ReplyDelete