For our wedding, Ross and I got two sets of really nice sheets for our bed. They're the nicest quality sheets I've ever owned with a thread count of about a billion. The problem with the sheets is that they're really cold when you first get into bed. I don't mind so much, but I was tired of warming up Ross' side of the bed for him. He hinted several times that it would be really nice to have some flannel sheets this winter. We still had some gift cards to Bed Bath and Beyond, so I stopped by on my way home from church one afternoon. It was our lucky day because I found some flannel sheets that were on sale.
Ever since we got these sheets, we've had no problem getting into bed. In fact, we keep getting in earlier and earlier. On the flip side, we've had a bit of difficulty getting out of bed. We used to get up when the alarm went off the first time. At last count, we were getting up after it went off for the third time. At the rate we're going, we'll be late for work next week, miss it completely the week after that, and we'll be getting up just in time to go back to bed by the end of next month.
I think I know why the sheets were on sale.
That's funny. Nelli and I still have a super-nice set of sheets we received as a wedding gift--and have only used once because we keep going back to the flannel.
ReplyDeleteYou are hilarious Bobbi! I would suggest turning up the heater and then it will be so warm you cannot stay in bed because it will be like a sauna and you will be sweaty and miserable. OR know that before your scenario happens winter will be over and you will change the sheets to the norm. OR you can change back to your everyday sheets every other week and then not worry about being late for work that second week. Just a couple of suggestions... I hope that make sense, I've not had my coffee yet and not quite awake, I hit the snooze too many times :-) I don't have flannel sheets and it's cold! I think Uncle K turned off the heater...
ReplyDeleteWow, always so helpful. Thanks, Aunt Nan! :)
ReplyDeleteElectric blanket. :)
ReplyDelete