Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Birthday MJ!


*Photo by www.jessharveyphotography.com

Happy Birthday Mama Joe!
It's your birthday, and you know what that means...BIRTHDAY POEM!!!!

Dearest Mother of my heart,
Your birthday poem's about to start.
Today you are another year older,
And if I may be a bit bolder -
You're 51 and lookin' good!
I guess we knew you probably would.

I'll keep it nice, I don't think you'll care,
But here are some things I'd like to share:

People think that we are sisters.
Your feet get nasty, bloody blisters.
You can't burp on command,
But your whistle is in high demand.
You aren't competitive even a bit...
You don't like losing and that is it.
I think coffee is your drug of choice.
You have a lovely singing voice.

These are a few things that make you unique.
There are more, but of them I won't speak.

I like your hair. Your shoes. Your smile.
I think you should sit back and relax a while.
It's your birthday, and I hope it's a great one!
(P.S. When I see you, I owe you 41...)

Much love!

4 comments:

  1. You know you are posting a day early right? and since when can't she burp on command? She used to be able to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but I knew she wouldn't be checking my blog Sunday night since she doesn't have Internet out there in the sticks.
    I'm might have to check my resources, but I'm pretty sure she can't burp on command...maybe she's just been holding out on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely poem and I second all of it. Happy Birthday Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought she could burp the alphabet ;-) She may be holding out on you, I'll have to check with Bro Joe.

    ReplyDelete