In three weeks it will be Iris Festival weekend. Every year I have been a little more involved in the details and planning of the races scheduled to run on Saturday and Sunday of the Iris Festival. For those who might want to join me here is the link and the dates are May 21st and 22nd.
Mom ran and was the overall winner of the half marathon the first year I participated in the event. Here's a little throw back to that year:
Last year, in her absence, I had to uphold the family name and take it to all the other women on the course. It was a small sacrifice.
This year we're both back, and my little older sis will be representing in the 10K. It should be a fun family affair.
I do, however, have a little side bet going that will need to be reckoned with. See, there's this guy at work. He thinks he can beat me. I offered to give him a handicap and to lay some bets. So, the deal is, I'm giving this very confident, well intentioned individual a minute a mile. That's a very generous 13min handicap, and I just want to put it out there, that barring illness or injury, I still think I have him whipped. For the record I would like to state that my mother will also beat him. Not only will she beat him, but I would like to wager that she'll have him by a solid five minutes. Now we just need to figure out what to bet. I want to win something good...
You girls are funny. Painfully so... I saw the pics of your mom's feet after a couple of races. Not pretty,this sport is definitely not for sissies.
ReplyDeleteyesss! I wonder if he'll even be able to finish.. I think he should have to bring you coffees for the week.
ReplyDelete