Thursday, February 5, 2015

This is a test

I think I have the picture thing figured out now.  This is an old one, but I wanted to see if it worked.  It kind of looks like Ross was taking a selfie with SB.  I'm not sure if that's what's going on, but that's what I'm going to call it.
Now that I know that I can get pictures on here, I'll try to post some more up-to-date ones.  Which means I need to take some.  I feel a photo shoot coming on, and what better way to spend a rainy day?
Speaking of which, my running partner in crime and I played hookie and didn't run.  Now that we have to push the stroller on our runs, it has created a lot of good excuses for us.  It's too rainy for running with the stroller (even though we have a very effective rain cover.....shhhhhh).  That course is too hilly for the stroller.  That pace is too fast for pushing the stroller.  That time is too early for running with the stroller.
We're milking it...no pun intended.  Actually, that's a lie.  It was totally intended.  Then there is the other set of excuses - "Well, if I hadn't just had a baby six months ago, I could have totally ran that faster."  "I'd run that race, but I 'just' had a baby and it's too far."  "Typically I could have beaten her, but I just had a baby."
I'm not sure how long I can use SB as my excuse for things, but I didn't really use being pregnant as an excuse, so I'm trying to make-up for lost time.  And it isn't just running that gets this treatment.  If I forget to do something, show-up late anywhere, or if I bow out of some function or another, somehow it's totally okay if I just remind them I have an infant at home.  It's like a get out of jail free card without limits.  Who knew that was part of the package?!  Awesome.  So to that point, he has just fallen asleep and it's my chance to get clean, so...peace out!

2 comments:

  1. You get two years grace time, then you have another cutie pie and extend it for another two... :-)

    ReplyDelete