Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On a Roll

This hasn't been my best week. In fact, in the past seven days I've managed to reduce my pride to absolute shambles. I have a knack for awkward moments, and I can't even blame these ones on anybody else.
So there I was walking the dog with Ross. We weren't going far, just around the block. Considering I live a mile from the school, I often run into McKay students. On this particular walk, a girl that lives in the next cul-de-sac over was standing outside with some guy friends. Trying to be the Joe-Cool teacher, I shouted a hello. Then said something to the effect of, "I haven't seen you in a long time. Are you not in PE this year?" To which she replied, "Miss Wright, I just talked to you in class yesterday. Remember I borrowed your keys to get back into the locker room?" Doh. Right. Um, I didn't recognize her without her glasses...? I turned red, mumbled something about being forgetful, and quickly walked around the corner.
My next blunder came on Valentine's day. Simply put, I made dinner for my boy and caused an allergic reaction. It wasn't a Hitch moment, but it wasn't exactly the "reaction" I was hoping to get from a nice dinner.
Last but not least, was today. I'm still trying to pretend like it didn't happen. I had track practice at Willamette today. On the car ride there, I was snacking on some trail mix that consisted of chocolate chips, raisins, and almonds. Innocent enough. At least I thought so, until practice was over and I was back at my car. There on my car seat was a quarter sized stain of melted chocolate. Horrified, I twisted around to look at the butt of my pants. Yep, right on the seam in the worst possible location was a nice brown smear that closely resembled...well, use your imagination. The only thing that really saved me from total and utter humiliation was that most of practice I spent my time in the track shed organizing track bins and doing some inventory. Unfortunately, the other coaches also spent some time in the track shed, and of course, I had my back to them the whole time. Mmmmm, chocolaty...Good work Bob.

1 comment:

  1. lol....Oh Bobbi....lol I'm laughing with you not at you, k...lol
    How's Ross?

    ReplyDelete