Monday, August 2, 2010

Update

Mom and I survived the relay, and had a blast running it. It was waaaaaay better than last year. I'll credit the cooler temperature. I think Mom was running in 107 degree temps at one point last year, and this year we were probably under 90 degrees the whole time. We were the 24th team out of 150. One of the best parts was seeing the other team names and van decor. Some that stood out: Old and In Your Way, Pink Panters, Blood Sweat and Cheers, Tomahops, the Young and the Rest of Us, Far From the Van Again (that was us), Victorious Secret. I wish I could remember some of the others because they were pretty creative.
On another note, my big sis turned 29 yesterday. I feel compelled to write her a little poem.

To Shae

Shae Oleava
Hey kitchen diva
Always the best
Everyone else stinks :)

Happy Birthday big sister!

These pictures don't have anything to do with anything, but they were absolutely necessary to include. Yes, I agree, he is the cutest thing to ever cross this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Look at Q doing a pushup!! Amazing isn't he?!! Glad you survived and your mom too! You girls are crazy!!
    I guess I belong to the "Young and the Rest of Us" ;-)
    See you Saturday... are you getting nervous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable. You surviving a race - never a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how did I miss this until now?! Such creative brilliance thanks for including some very wonderful pictures and a truly inspired poem.

    ReplyDelete