Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Gettin' Ready

I leave tomorrow for the Cascade Lakes Relay. Unless I get really motivated the day I get back, this might be my last post for a few weeks. It dawned on me that I'll have to change the name of my blog when I get back to "The not so adventures of B. St. Clair." Or "B.S." for short. Ha!
I can't believe we're down to just ten days before the wedding. Is it too late to postpone this thing? Just kidding...mostly. ;)
First and foremost, we have a race to complete. At least it won't be as hot as last year. It's a 216.6 mile, twelve-man relay. Mom and I both have the same legs as last year which is kind of nice because now we know what to expect. We're on a new team "Far from the van again 2." Our only real objective is to beat "Far from the van again 1." I hate to lose. So I put my game face on and have been simulating the race conditions. I ran 10 miles during the hot-est part of the day, didn't shower, spread some sugar water on my arms, neck, and legs then stood next to a mosquito infested pond, stayed awake until 2:00AM then ran hill repeats for 50min, didn't shower, slept for two hours at 4:00AM on a love-seat, got up and sat in the middle of a crowded city bus for and hour, got off the bus, stood in the sun for forty-five minutes, found a dusty road and ran for five miles, then paid a kid to punch me a couple of times in the stomach. I think I'm ready.

And now, because this is really where it's at, here's a picture of the Q-man and Mama Joe:

So cute.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for making me laugh loudly, to myself. You crack me up!

    RUN HARD RETARD!

    *can I say that on here?*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can say that here (I hope) and I say ditto! (on all accounts)

    Hey Bobbi did you know that when you get married you will be R&B that's cool "rhythm & blues"... of course with your very quirky mind I'm sure you've already thought of that. Does R play an instrument? Can he sing? I mean, all those initials monogramed on your towels and pillow cases are going to have to be lived up to. Hmmm... I can see this is going to be inexhaustible, you know that don't you? See you soon...btw Please take good care of yourself on this run, you've got a honeymoon to think about... just saying... I think I may have scored some brownie points with R on that one!

    VERY cute pic of your mama and Mister Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. R&B - love it, seems perfect.
    I have long given up questioning the mind of a dedicated runner (there is not point, it is a fruitless, one sided conversation) - so you have fun.
    Love your description of preparation/training and if I didn't know my previous statement to be true I would then ask you why...
    Know that your wedding is going to great, wish I could be there, but look forward to pictures and dialog.
    Take care my friend, best of wishes are making their way to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bobster---we both prepared in the same manner. We're definately going to win!!! Remember: "Toe nails are for sissies"

    ReplyDelete