I'm working on recruiting runners for Willamette. I've decided to cash in my chips for tonight. You know it's going to be a lesson in futility when you encourage your first recruit to go to Linfield instead of WU (they have a great nursing program, and that's what she was looking for - I was just being honest). The second one (who responded to my initial e-mail with a "Dear Mr. Wright") starts out our phone conversation by saying, "Yeah, so I looked at your list of majors, and there was really nothing for me there." We have forty-nine pretty broad majors, but great, okay. I'll save you some time, count my losses, and wish you well.
I think I'll be more productive with my time tonight and fold some clothes, write thank you cards, or wash the mound of dishes sitting on my counter. Phone calls aren't my thing anyway.
But for all of you who have stuck with me and read this, I'll leave you with something better than a bad blog post:
*Precious photo courtesy of jessharveyphotography.com
So Mr. Wright, what kind of guy spells Bobbi with an "i" anyways? This gave me a good laugh. I'm sure you will find people that want to come to Willamette some other night :)
ReplyDelete-Rachel
Thank you! That's what I thought! Y is for boys, i is for girls. Come on people. Haha. I try not to be too sensitive. It's working, can you tell? ;)
ReplyDelete