Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Watch your words

I don't always think before I speak. Shame on me. It could get me into big trouble one day sooner than later.
I was teaching PE yesterday (go figure), and I had my class outside doing some conditioning on the track. My aide was helping me by passing out straws to the students each time the crossed the finish line (to keep track of the # of laps they completed). One of the freshman boys was being really obnoxious as he approached us, and slowed his jog down to something less than a crawl. My aide had to wait and wait and wait for him to cross the line so he could hand him his straw. Jokingly, on my part, I told my aide to "give him his straw and punch him too for being annoying." I say stuff like that all the time and probably shouldn't, but nobody has ever taken me seriously before. Until yesterday. No sooner were the words out of my mouth, than my aide turned around and punched the kid in the back. Just like that!
"Whoa! I wasn't serious!" I said.
"Huh, huh, huh." He laughed.
The kid kept running.
The end.

1 comment: