Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hee Hee

This cracked me up, so I thought I'd pass it on. I'll try to do the moment justice, but it might be one of those "you had to have been there moments." Anyway, now that I've set myself up for failure, here's the story.

Last Monday night we had something called MASH night at our school. I don't know what the acronym stands for (I probably should), but basically it's a time for incoming freshmen and current students to come to the school and see what clubs, sports, and courses are available for next year. All students were asked to register at a table manned by current leadership students when they first entered the building. One young Latino girl came up to the table for incoming freshman and wrote her name on the sign in sheet. She was then handed a packet of information. The student helper told her that in order to know where she needed to go and when she needed to be there, she would follow the white schedule.
"But I'm Mexican!" She protested.

Next year, instead of white and green schedules we might have to try blue and green.

No comments:

Post a Comment