Spring semester. I love it. I hate it. Nothing in between. Once track starts everyday seems packed, and I love track, but I don't love the long days. Spring means the end of another school year is drawing near, and I love summer, but I don't love what spring does to our students. Did you know fights increase in the spring? Maybe that's just our school, but it happens every year. We had two gang fights after school last Friday.
But spring also means Easter, and flowers, and longer warmer days. It means we might get to teach outside again. I look forward to that. If our current weather pattern continues, we'll teach nothing but outdoor aquatics on our football field this spring.
With a full schedule and a full plate, I thought it was absolutely necessary to schedule in a day that I could get away from it all. My big sis was suddenly and conveniently in need of some sisterly care. For the sake of her health, I selflessly scheduled a family sick day to satisfy that need.
I got up at the crack of an hour before dawn, went running with my buddies at the track, then headed straight up to Aurora to be with my ailing sister. The only way to cure her, I found, was to take her little boy and cuddle him to the end of the earth and back. So I made that my single mission for the day. And took a few pictures in between. (He is such a ham.)
This boy likes him some beef...in any form...even sock cow.
My camera has been spotted...
Here comes the cheese...the Q. (I know this pic is a little blurry, but I love his expression!)
So goofy!
He's cracking himself up, and he's cracking me up!
My sister is feeling much better now.
No comments:
Post a Comment