I've been gone for a long time. Life happened mostly. It was crazy. It was busy. It was even a little bit treacherous. Ross may have had to talk me down from the ledge a couple of times. But I've made it back to the land of the living with little more than skinned knees and quite possibly a few extra cavities. (I stress eat chocolate and ice cream, okay?)
We've moved to a rental house. I've been teaching. I've been coaching. I've been helping with a local fun run. I've been finishing my elementary PE credentials. I've been trying to cook and clean on occasion. And I've been running - glorious running.
Running here is like drinking wine in the Napa Valley. It's pretty pristine. There are people to run with. Their are mountains to run, and trails, and logging roads. There are animals to gawk at - turkeys, skunks, deer, fox, snakes, and owls - to name a few we've had some close encounters with. It is: So. Much. Fun.
Teaching is almost over with for the year, but it's been a great experiences with lots of entertaining moments. Kids are gross, but they are also pretty darn funny. "I'm going to gallop because I'm part reindeer." Um, okay.
My sis is about to leave the country for three years - they're moving to New York. So the next few weeks will be spent fitting in as much sis and nephew and niece time as possible. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to add in the very near future. Yes, I do know NY isn't really another country, but it's far enough away. I feel like they should reconsider, but that's just me.
That's where it's at.
Welcome back my friend.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are blogging again, I've missed you!! I just posted a pic of your dad in his superman suit (June 1 post)
ReplyDeleteAnd for the record, New York is another country....