Thursday, July 5, 2012

Off to NYC

 My brother-in-law got this sweet opportunity to work in New York City for three years. 











I'm not sure he realized that New York is really far away from Oregon. Geography really isn't his thing. If it was, I'm sure he would have realized that it was a silly idea to take this sweet face:


...and these thunder thighs
so very far away.

Before they left, they came and spent some time with us in Rogue River.  We had a lot of fun, and I got a few pictures along the way. 

We spent some time at the playground near our house.



While we were there, Q's diaper got a little on the full side.  Fortunately, he knew what to do...



Unfortunately, Mama only had baby girl diapers in the bag.  They were an okay stand in, but perhaps a little less comfortable than the norm.  There was a lot of adjusting going on.






 Our date at the playground was followed a couple of days later by a big family/friend barbeque.  The highlight for our boy was the motorcycle.  He had a perma grin when he was riding with grandpa, and some very serious tears when grandpa took time to give the other little boys a ride. 

It was a fun filled few days, and we soaked up every minute before we had to say good bye.  Of course we are all looking at our calendars now and trying to figure out when and how we'll get to New York.

3 comments:

  1. Those are pretty adorable pics Aunt Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how I missed this post! Darling pics, I know it's hard to be separated. Love that picture with Q's hair standing straight up, how funny!!
    Wish we had known about the BBQ, it would have been fun spending some time with all the family.
    Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now we can't wait hear about your NY visit and see some pictures.

    ReplyDelete