Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day...Days

Snow day!  I sometimes wonder who gets more excited, the students or the teachers?  Certainly not the parents.  Three snow days in a row?  It's a Christmas miracle.  What to do with a snow day?  Sleep in?  Not likely.  This is like the gift of time, something everyone could use more of around the holidays.  The challenge is to pack in as many of those loose ends as possible.  For example: yesterday I woke up at 7:20, made myself and The Boy breakfast, made The Boy lunch, made some coffee, took a shower, cleaned up around the house, went to Joes (formerly G.I. Joes) and Pier1, went for almost an hour run on a treadmill - miserable, showered again, went home, took care of the dog, ate lunch, went to my alma mater to bring cookies to my coaches and a friend, went downtown to pick up some gifts at the soap store and TJ Max, went to the post office, the grocery store, and another friend's to drop off more cookies, came home, unloaded groceries, made dinner, cleaned up, wrapped some gifts, made some recruiting calls, and finally sat down to watch a little TV.  Whew, makes me tired just writing it.  Oh yeah, and I drove really really slooooooow everywhere I went.  It was a little icy, but not as bad as the day before.  The fun part was trying to walk.  I gave everyone a little show when I hit the pavement in my running shoes.  (I have never claimed to be a genius.)  Running shoes are comfortable but lack this little thing called traction.  I came close to landing on my butt on more than one occasion.  I'm not against creating a little entertainment for those around me.  :)      
Today the plan is to take care of stuff around the house, and to watch the dog drool himself into a fit of contented delirium over his new chew toy.  I think he has OCD.  I've never seen him as focused as he is on this bone, but the amount of saliva...it's unreal.  

1 comment:

  1. Now you have just enough time to be dangerous and Christmas break is just around the corner. No fair!! Darn real world, wireless internet and laptops. I don't think I'll ever get a snow day...

    ReplyDelete