I often workout at
Courthouse Athletic Club. It's a pretty nice place and very convenient. Anyway, this winter I haven't made as good a use of my membership as I have in the past. I go once or twice a week at the most to lift or to run "hills" on the treadmill in the early AM hours. Well, recently when I've gone in to workout after school, this trainer often comes and makes small talk about running and whatnot. At first I thought it was nice and kind of surprising to be acknowledged. The last couple of times, however, I started feeling more like I was being stalked. I mean, I got to the gym, walked down the halls without bumping into anyone, and made it into the weight room virtually unnoticed. Tucked into a little corner in the back of the room and with all of thirty minutes to get my workout done, get changed, and get out, I suddenly heard somebody call me out. Yes, it was
the trainer. There went five minutes of workout time down the chitchat drain. He's a very nice guy, and it wasn't an awkward conversation or anything, but just seemed a little odd that he appeared in there out of n-o-w-h-e-r-e. Now I was kind of feeling stalked.
Turns out I was being stalked, being stalked because I wasn't a frequent flier. I got a little inside info. If you don't come often enough, they go big brother stalker mode to make sure you don't quit your membership.
Well, guess what guys!?! I appreciate that you're doing your job, but let me make it easier on you. I'M NOT QUITTING MY MEMBERSHIP. Now, please leave me alone. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment