Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Shameless Confessions

I'm going to tell on myself only because I want someone else to enjoy the humour of my mistakes. :)

So Saturday when Ross and I were at Home Depot renting our sweet rototiller the guy at the tool rental center asked us if we wanted to rent loading ramps for an additional $6. Already spending what seemed to me a ludicrous amount for a four hour rental, I gave him my typical response, "No thanks, we're really strong."

Well, evidently Ross hasn't been working out. We got our rather large rear-tine tiller to the truck, got in position, gave the one - two - three countdown and didn't even remotely budge the thing. Obviously, we were just going at it from the wrong angle. We shuffled positions, counted down again, and this time we were able to lift the front end a couple inches off the ground. Great. The back end still hadn't moved. Again, must be the wrong angle. We moved around, found different handholds and managed to not lift it at all on our third attempt. Now we had an audience willing to give us a hand, only because it looked like we desperately needed it. However, after some thought we realized that even if we got help getting it in, we were still going to have to unload and re-load it at the house. So, laughing at ourselves, we thought it best that I do the walk of shame back to the tool rental center to ask for the $6 loading ramps, which were now sounding like a great deal. The rental clerk, didn't mind pointing out that he thought we'd be back. Thanks Mister, for letting us struggle with it first on our own terms. We enjoy looking foolish for our fellow home improvement enthusiasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment