My mom is one tough mother. We went to CA this weekend to visit some family and to run a
race from the Trinidad area to Clam Beach. It was pretty sweet. The weather was beautiful, the race course was beautiful, and the water crossing (that's right we had to run through a river) was rather refreshing. :) The course was rolling hills for about 6 miles and then beach for just under 2 miles. Mom ran and finished second in her age group of 20+ runners. She ran right at 8min pace. Both of which are pretty impressive stats by themselves, but then consider that she was in Mexico for a week, had Montezuma's revenge for a week, and then a cold that has morphed into something closer to bronchitis for the last two weeks. Who does that? She's a nut. That reminds me of a
song...I'm an acorn, small and round
Lying on the cold, cold ground
Everyone walks over me
That is why I'm cracked you see
I'm a nut!
I'm a nut!
I'm a nut!
Took myself to the movie show
Stayed too late and said: Let's go
Took my hand and led me out
Drove me home and gave a shout!
I'm a nut!
I'm a nut!
I'm a nut!
Called myself on the telephone
Just to hear my golden tone
Asked me out for a little date
Picked me up about half past eight
I'm a nut!
I'm a nut!
I'm a nut!
dude, I think you are the nut! :)
ReplyDeleteI like the new style of the page. pretty