First I went to this website: http://smittenkitchen.com/
Then I went to this recipe on the smitten kitchen website: Peter Reinharts Bagels
After that I made a sponge:

Oops, I meant I made a sponge:
After it sat, I used it to make the dough.
Then I rolled it...
Then I pinched it and pulled it, and they started looking bagelish.
So then I took some peeps...
...and I bit their ears off!
If you make these bagels, you must bite the ears off some peeps. Trust me.
I boiled my bagels.
I poured some seeds on the suckers.
Then I baked them and magic happened.
They were yummy, chewy, wonderfulness. So I made them again.
Bobbi you make me laugh.... seriously, I'm cracking up while drooling looking at those bagels wishing for a peep! I'm not kidding, Kerry is probably wondering why I'm laughing hysterically...well, except he has the ballgame us so loud he can't hear me. One question, are those peeps from gramma?
ReplyDeleteSee you had me laughing so hard, I had a typo...
ReplyDeleteHehe, nope the peeps are definitely from my mom. Mmmm sugar covered marshmellows. Who was the genius that came up with that one?
ReplyDeleteI can attest that they are chewy wonderfulness, we just finished off the ones you gave us --they became part of a tasty chicken sandwich. I just have to point out that there is no "e" in marshmallow. I should know, I am the queen of Peeps -btw biting the ears off, a little too graphic, Bob.
ReplyDelete