I made my race shirt.




I think she liked it.
Most of the course was on country roads. Pretty nice scenery as it was, but not many of the Iris's were in bloom yet because of the lack of warm-weather we've had so far this spring.
No, that's not my mom. Sorry for any confusion. That's Ross. He volunteered to be part of the safety patrol on the race course. He got to wear a sweet orange vest and everything. Then he ate an enormous Kielbasa sausage with lots of onions and sauerkraut. Mmmmmm, makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.
Mama Joe won the women's race. Not just her age group. She beat the whole field of women. We were trying to get in under 1:40, but her official finishing time was 1:40.01. So close. Here she is accepting her award ($50 to a running store. Nice!)

Here I am challenging the audience to a Ho-Down...
Well I guess Mama Joe better train a whole lot harder if she's going shave that .02 off to get under 1:40 (I'm shaking my head and rolling my eyes in sarcasm, just in case you couldn't tell). FYI I rode my bike 10 miles in less than 40 min. (didn't even have to leave the living room...tee-hee) so there! Hey was the gift cert. to that store in Grants Pass? That would have been kinda funny, huh?
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
PS loved the shirt and did you get anyone to do the hoedown?? Looks like that one girl was getting ready to raise her hand to get the next round but you look so serious...