Tuesday, July 7, 2009

As Promised

Here are some pictures from our trip to Maine, in no particular order.

This is a fort on a beach. I don't remember the name of the beach or the fort, but if Ross gets back before I hit publish, I'll try to be more specific. I do know that it was used during three wars, including WWI.


This is Ross' mom's beautiful home. It is just up the hill from a lake.


Oops, I guess I should develop my film more than once a year.


This is the fire tower we climbed on top of Mt. Pisgah. The trail is just across the road from Ross' mom's place.

This is the view from the tower. It's much nicer than the view I got on the trail up to the tower. I won't post that picture. It's PG and leaves you feeling a little violated. I'll just say it involves a very white full moon.


This is my extremely attractive boyfriend and me at the beach. Don't be jealous girls.


In Boston we were able to follow part of the freedom trail. It's marked by two red bricks side by side and takes you past the historical sights within the city.

This was a pretty powerful memorial on the walk. They are gas chambers, and each one is full of quotes from holocaust victims and survivors.

This is Ross, his sister, Liz, and her boyfriend, George at the Boston Red Sox vs. Florida Marlins game. It got rained out halfway through the fifth inning, and the Red Sox ended up losing 2 to 1.

There are more pictures, but some are still in my camera.

We almost had our trip extended for a day when our flight home got canceled. Fortunately, they rerouted us through Atlanta with first class tickets, and got us home even earlier than our other flight would have. Holy cow, I will never be the same. If flying coach is like eating day old cornbread, first class is like eating ice cream cake. It was that good. We felt like intruders and kept looking around like little kids who had done something wrong. Each time the stewardess got on the intercom we held our breath, afraid they were going to call us up and send us back.

All in all, it was a great trip, and to avoid even a single dull moment, the morning after we got back, we packed up again and headed south for the Fourth of July weekend in Shasta City.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful trip! Love the pictures, too.

    It's a sad day when the Red Sox are beaten by the Florida Marlins. I grew up in FL and won't even claim them.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Bobbi and finally I get to see a close-up of Ross, what a hottie! That thing he does with his tongue....(I'm not sure how to type out that cat sound, you know.. purrrr, with an attitude, you know, right?
    And first class!! That's just God's way of making up for all the rain you had to endure. Yeah, God!!
    Glad you had a good trip, looking forward to seeing more pics. :-)

    ReplyDelete