Thursday, July 9, 2009

House sitting

House sitting - is that one word or two? I'm going to go with two, mainly because I just spell checked it and that's what it said. Spell check, what a phenomenal invention that was. Too bad our students don't know how to use it, but that's another story.
This week I'm house sitting for some of my favorite people. I really love spending time with them when they're around, but I also really love it when they leave. ;) Their house is awesome. I am hard pressed to call hanging out with their sweet dog and taking advantage of the big screen TV and miles of kitchen counterspace, work. I might still be here when they get back. I might just forget that I'm only supposed to be "sitting" while they're on vacation. They may have to ask me to leave.
I've got one day left. Maybe their flight will be delayed, maybe I can camp out in the guest room without being noticed, or maybe I can barracade myself inside with a wall of zucchine and summer squash - their plants are already going great guns. Hmmmm, I'll have to spend sometime meditating on these options.

6 comments:

  1. I think I would really love to cook/bake the whole Suzy Homemaker "thing" if I had miles of countertop space! I have about next to nothing for workspace. Whoever designed this house was really cheap. Tiny closets, pocket doors in every room, including the bathroom (no lock); no storage to speak of, and no garage!(I'm not bitter) And to top it off, there is this long room 10'x4' with a window plus a phone jack in it? Go figure. I always called it the "narrow"-minded preachers room! I'm bad... It now stores the force air heating system, my Christmas decor and misc outdated decor and we've never put a phone in there! After typing this, I realize I'll probably never "love" the cooking stuff, "like", yes, "love", that's pushing it! Have a great last day in the dream home and I'm sure they will let you visit the kitchen from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS House sitter is two words, BUT, I do believe housesitting is one. Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and then housesitting becomes housesquatting.

    I hear squatters are hard to get rid of--especially when they bake; it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I think you should stay there for a bit and then make me something really good on their miles of counterspace and then leave their house and come to mine and give me what you made so that I may reap the benefits of you housesitting and then you can leave again and go back to their house and make me something else that I might like and come back to my house and give it to me...
    Did you get all of that?
    I can repeat it if you need me to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sensing a theme here Jess.

    P.S. Shae, I've already planned on cinnamon rolls - it's worth a try anyway. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm! Cinnamon rolls..... No!! don't talk food, I just ate a salad with low fat feta, yum ;-( Amy kicked my "fanny" yesterday with push ups, squats (speaking of squatters) jumping jacks and the notorious kettlebells. I can hardly lift my hand to my mouth to eat...

    ReplyDelete