Monday, November 9, 2009

Butt heads, butt cracks, and Butterfingers

That pretty much sums up my Monday. Well, except for the Butterfinger part. I just needed a third word that started with butt. I'm not kidding with the heads and cracks though. I can tell you that for sure. My butt heads were at their best, or worse, if you will during class today. And I had a butt crack stare me full in the face twice today. Count it - twice. I could give you more of the disgusting details of how my big boys can't keep their britches up, but it makes me gag, and I feel inclined to spare you a similar reaction.

On a more cheerful note, HAPPY (belated) 50th BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!
That's her on the right. The baby, not the woman - just to clear up any confusion.
I wrote her/sung her, her very own birthday song yesterday. I think I could write her another one right now. Yes, I do feel a song coming on. Watch out Mama Joe, here it comes!

Happy 50 years and a day.
I hope your next 364 are so gay (as in happy).
You've grown up incredibly fast.
Knowing you all these years has been a blast.
I remember when you were tall.
Now I stand next to you, and you seem really small.
Enjoy eating your ice cream and cake.
But save me a bite for goodness sake. (At least save some ice cream for me. Sheesh.)

I guess it is more of a birthday poem than song, but I am just leaving it open for future additions. You know, I wouldn't want to use up all of my rhyming talent in one sitting.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! Look at her... so sweet! Hard to believe she's joined the 50 club. That's a half a century! Whew!
    And who is that attentive little toddler, so cute! I think that is the only time I was taller than her.
    She was always the skinny one but all muscle, not a softy that's for sure! Where did your mother get that from...grandma? (Hello Mother, if you are reading this :-)

    PS you forgot the classic - buttface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttface, yes that is one I will have to file away for next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We talked about Butterfingers on Monday - so using that word in your title totally counts! I like Butterfingers as much as you like ice cream!

    ReplyDelete