Monday, December 14, 2009
Christmas "baking"
It's the process and the tradition, not the outcome of Christmas baking, right? Right? I had a long weekend of Christmas "baking," but not much in the way of results. I have about three less pounds of butter in my freezer - three more pounds on my hips...okay booty. It's important to taste test at every stage...several times. So far I also have one batch of rocky road, one batch of penuche fudge, one batch of pecan clusters, and six loaves of bread. Two burnt pots, no successful toffee, a dirty floor, sticky counters, a sink loaded with dishes, and tired feet. But I think I'm ready to go back for more - baking, not taste testing. Maybe both. No. Yes. We'll see. Ahhh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As I was reading your post the tune "The 12 Days of Christmas" came into my mind. Your description of your baking was starting to flow with the song. I think you need to rewrite this to fit that song. Whadya think? Like you have nothing else to do... maybe in between classes.
ReplyDeleteThe thought crossed my mind.
ReplyDeleteSad!
ReplyDelete