The Grinch tried his best to steal Christmas this year. He didn't mess around. No Sir. First, he booby trapped the bathroom. He slicked up the tub so when I stepped in to take a shower I was six feet of arms and legs up in the air and flat on my back before I knew what was happening. I'm well padded in the behinder region so no harm no foul on that one. Nice try Grinchy. Next on the list was making the store so busy Mama Joe couldn't get home until almost 3:30. We were supposed to be in CA by 6:30, but with a nearly four hour drive, that wasn't going to happen. Besides being behind schedule, the drive was made even more pleasant by the bickering boys and a carsick dog. We were all carsick by the time we got there, but the dog was the only one to throw-up. Thanks Foof, for the foul smelling final two hours. We made it to our destination in one piece, if not a little tense, and enjoyed Christmas Eve with lots of relatives. Oh, but did I mention I was finishing one of my Christmas gifts while we were driving to CA? No pressure, I just needed to crochet a simple pair of mittens. It's not that I put it off until the very last minute. It's just that the first pair kept growing. They were like arm warmers by the time I was done. It's possible that I miss-read the pattern. Maybe.
Christmas morning went well. The dinner disaster was all mine. Just remember to check the expiration date on your yeast when making a triple batch of rolls. If you want them to rise beyond the size of golf balls, that is. Otherwise feel free to make fifty hockey pucks. I did.
So he tried his best to steal Christmas, but the Grinch didn't know what he was up against. There's no competing against this guy:
Ah yes, nothing like SUPER BABY to the rescue!! That will scare the mean old Mr Grinch away! Babies are like kryptonite (spelling unsure of on that)to the likes of Grinch oh wait a minute that's the wrong story but you get my analogy. And the rolls, were small but tasty, no worries!! Uncle Kerry really liked them, he ate some more on Saturday. I got the version that you left out the yeast... either way they were tasty and that's what mattered. You could call them Le petit pain du sweet potato. All better now, speak Francais, have a baby in the mix, and all is good! Did you get a crunchy sweet potato in your serving of the salad I made? They weren't supposed to be crunchy, as a matter of fact the ones I tested weren't crunchy(!) so next year I'll make the rolls you make the salad (lol) and we will both practice our French! Give Quinton a hug from his great auntie Nan!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that he's here already! Don't fall in the shower any more okay because I don't want to share our office with anyone else when you have be out on an injury!
ReplyDelete