So, my extra fabulous and incredibly talented sister, who I'm not sharing with anyone except my brother and maybe my buddy, Stacy, who can only have her on loan for short periods of time on extra special occasions that don't conflict with my needs, came over Sunday night. She (and Ryan and Quentin and Stacy and Eric and Ross) spoiled me with a most wonderful and delicious and fancy pants birthday dinner and dessert. I'm still suffering the consequences of a severe sugar high. Maybe you noticed.
These two handsome dudes were the entertainment.
This was the start of something incredible.
The meringue insulation covers the layers of cake and ice cream (yes, of course, ice cream).
Then the whole thing goes in the oven under the broiler and becomes this ridiculously wonderful and complicated mass of textures, temperatures, and flavors.
...and then I put it in my gaping hole.
See, it even looks like the Martha picture. Holy moly wonderful deliciousness!!! I want a re-do.
This is post feasting, and I think Shae is praying that we all be forgiven for our gluttony. Amen.
Amen, I want that recipe...
ReplyDeleteAh shucks.
ReplyDelete