For my birthday, Ross got me a two-year subscription to the magazine Bon Appetit. If you are a foodie of any kind you've probably heard of this magazine. If you get even the remotest enjoyment out of cooking, my advice with this magazine is to be very cautious.
*Insert here: me running to the kitchen to pull the cookies I'd forgotten about out of the oven. - I enjoy cooking, I never said I was good at it.*
Back to my very cautious - seriously, I've only received my first issue, but I've made almost a dozen recipes from it. I'm addicted because they're delicious and do-able. Some "Martha" recipes are daunting, and I can hardly understand what they're telling me to do. Often times her simple recipes are boring or bland. These Bon Appetit ones have been unique, flavorful, and it takes fewer than thirteen separate mixing bowls to make them. (Don't get me wrong Martha Stewart, I'm still a fan.)
The only thing is, I'm starting to wonder about the sincerity behind this gift. After making dinner on Monday night, I heard Ross say, "This is the best gift I ever got myself."
Hmmmm..... a lot of thought went into this gift, I can tell....
ReplyDeleteI'm on day 13 of the Love Dare..."Love Fights Fair" I may send Ross a copy of it.
you are hilarious:) it was good to see ross while we were in OR -- sorry we missed you!
ReplyDelete