I woke up at 6:30 this morning (weird how that actually feels like sleeping in on a weekend), took care of the dog, grabbed a snack, threw on some semi-clean clothes, pulled my greasy hair back into a ponytail, and headed to Keizer for a run. Basically, all that to say I was looking HOT. I ran a good six miles, then came back to meet some runner friends for a few more. My people didn't show up, but I took advantage of the break to get some water and Luna energy chews (glorified candy) from my car. I had my car key in the little hidden pocket inside my shorts. While I'm standing there, cars keep driving into the parking lot with Little League kids. I figured I was a sight for sore eyes, parents were probably guarding their kids' eyes, but I didn't really care. I started tucking my key back into the flimsy little key pocket along the inside of my shorts' waistband but it slipped and fell into the underwear lining of the shorts. (Another good reason for always wearing underwear even if the shorts are lined, thank you very much.) Well, I reached down my shorts for the key just as another Little League vehicle pulled into the parking lot. I tried to fake like I was just tucking in my shirt. Unfortunately, it was a cropped shirt that barely reached my shorts, so I don't think I really pulled that off.
Tall, greasy, sweaty girl with a hand down her shorts - that's all that they saw.
I was horrified for about five seconds. Then I fished the key out of my shorts and took off on my next nine miles.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment