
Friday is dodgeb...ahem, coneball day at McKay. Last week we didn't have students on Friday, but Thursday was feeling very looooong by the time 7th period rolled around so we decided it would be a good idea to roll the balls out. I had been pretty nasty sick, and was thankful for the chance to sit back and referee. My "co-star" decided to jump in and play...help one of the teams. While I was sitting and watching, I noticed that one of Harvey's students was kind of lurking in the background not far off the wall. It was a "special" student so I decided to check on him. We'll call him, Jack. Jack doesn't like Mrs. Harvey. In fact he hates her. He regularly hurls insults her direction and tells her how much he hates her. Mrs. Harvey was playing on the team opposing Jack. Do you see where this is going? I asked Jack if he was out. He was holding a ball, talking to himself, and was standing near the wall. "No, I'm waiting for someone." He reminded me of Gollum, from the Hobbit. He held tightly to the ball talking under his breath. "I just need a clear view. Not that I can hit her. I can't throw anyhow." But he tried, oh how he tried, and Mrs. Harvey caught it. Which fueled the fire. Long story short, class ended, but Jack still hadn't got his. He found one more ball, ran straight up to Mrs. Harvey who was putting the equipment away, and said, "Hey, teacher!" Then he threw the ball at her point blank. "Finally, I hit you!" And he ran away. The incident struck her as so bizarre she couldn't even get mad.
You know he slept well that night.
Jack is a weird dude.
ReplyDeleteI think that I didn't get mad when he hit me because I was just shocked that he got me from 6 feet away! I bet that was the best shot of his life!
I love "co-star" I think you should call me that more often!