Thursday, March 5, 2009

The loneliness of the long distance runner...

These are just a few snippets of conversation I heard during track practice today.  (These are college boys, mind you.)  

Conversation #1
Boy 1: I have my goatee in a bag.  
Boy 2: What?  Why did you keep your goatee.
Boy 1: I had it for a long time, I'd grown attached.  When I cut it off, I saved it in a bag.  

Gross!

Conversation #2
Boy #1: Have you twins ever fought?
Twin #1: Yeah.
Boy #2: Who won?
Twin #1 and Twin #2: I did.
Boy #1: You guys probably tied, you probably did all the exact same moves.
Twin #2: No, I'm more of a street fighter, he's more tae kwon do.  All I need is a metal cage and a chair.  
Boy #2: A Lazy Boy?
Twin #2: Yeah, I just spin it around and pull the foot rest...

And that, my friends is why long distance runners are lonely.  

1 comment: