Monday, March 16, 2009
Fight! Fight! Fight!
High school boys with too much testosterone are dumb. It's funny how the fights increase the closer we get to summer break. We had a pretty good fight in our last class today. Just thinking about it gets me fired up all over again. The students were just starting to jog for their warm-ups and all of a sudden my co-star and I saw this flood of students B-line for the doors, like seeing a fight makes it okay for them to leave the classroom. Fights make people stupid. I headed out the doors behind the little lemmings, and tried to shoo them back into the class. I thought a student teacher was dealing with the two boys who were fighting. Silly me. This 6'2" 185 pound guy wasn't trying to break them up per se, he didn't want to get hurt. So instead he did what? Stood there and watched? I'm not really sure what was going through his head. When I saw that he wasn't stopping the boys from punching each other in the head and destroying even more of their very few brain cells, I thought I'd better intervene. I'll be honest, I didn't really want to get hit either, but I figured if I could get their attention, it might help. I gave a solid blow on my whistle right in their ears and luckily for me, I don't think they really wanted to beat on each other any more anyway. They stepped apart and I got in front of one. Meanwhile, Jessica, who had been more successfully getting our students to return to the gym, bear hugged the other boy to keep him from doing any more damage. I didn't even know she was there, I was totally focused on the boy I was blocking. At any rate she took care of boy #1 and I took boy #2 toward the office while another teacher called security. I don't know about Jess, but I was shaking mad. Stupid boys for fighting. They're typically really good students. Stupid kids for instigating it. I'd really like to punch them in the face for egging the other two on. Stupid other kids for running out to watch and refusing to return to the gym. Stupid student teacher for standing there like a big dummy and not doing anything to stop it. Seriously, he was just standing there w-a-t-c-h-i-n-g it. Oh, the joys of high school....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
just reading this makes me annoyed all over again! who do they think they are? i think we need to make that class do some more thinking/running... they are a little thick headed!
ReplyDelete