Saturday, August 8, 2009

Before and After

I'm not really sure what's going on here, but my computer had decided to underline all of my text. I can't seem to fix it, and it's getting too late for me to have patience enough to try, so bear with me. Actually, I just really want to put some extra emphasis on what I'm writing. I should figure out how to double underline. Oh wait here's one better, I'll bold everything. Then it just needs a little italic and BAM! NOW IT'S LIKE I'M SHOUTING EVERY WORD. Aack. That's giving me a headache. I think I need to whisper. So I'll write real small. HEY! THE UNDERLINE IS GONE! I'm not sure how I did that. Now maybe I can finally get to the point of my post. :-p

I just wanted to do a little before and after shot of the flower bed in front of my house.
This first picture is a before the before shot. It is of the house before we put in the flower bed.


This shot is after we put in the bed and planted some stuff, but before any of it started to grow.


And tada! This is after several months of sun and watering. I'm looking forward to seeing it fill in even more next year. This picture doesn't really do it justice. It actually looks a little more colorful than it shows here.


Can anybody tell me what kind of plant this is? I planted a peony here, and this grew. What in the world?

4 comments:

  1. Sure doesn't look like a peony. Looks more like a petunia but I don't think the leaves are right. I'm not really an expert on flowers you should email a pic to Uncle Bill, he would know! Btw, the landscaping looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a good chance that you might be the tallest, funniest dork that I know.

    I just thought you'd like to be informed of that.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may be a tall, funny dork but you are also a pretty one. And I can say that cause I'm your auntie :-)
    Did you ever figure out what the plant is? And did you know that there are at least 500 different varieties of peonies? AND did you see the picture Brooke put on facebook of Gramma with the snorkeling mask? Gramma doesn't do deep water, I've got to ask her if she was in the kiddie end of the pool with William wearing a mask! Or maybe she put her face in the water from the boat. I'm definitely curious about this one. I must say I'm a little disappointed she said she'd call me from Hawaii and that hasn't happened yet either!! whatever....

    ReplyDelete