Thursday, August 20, 2009

Row, row, row your boat...

...gently down the stream. Throw your teacher overboard and listen to her scream...
Anybody?

Maybe it was just a Rogue River thing.

Today we took a little trip down the river. In a canoe. With the dog. It had the potential to be very, very bad. That's probably what you're looking for too. A good story about how the dog decided to jump ship and bring us all down with him. Well, I regret to inform you, I will not be giving you the satisfaction. Not today anyhow. I will give you some pictures of our 12.5 mile venture down the Willamette.

See how steady we are. See how well behaved he is. Certainly, he's not planning an escape.


Why Youk, what a fine bit of drool you've got hanging from your lip.

An Osprey. Ohhhhh, how lovely.


I'm eating lunch, Youk is going for crumbs and an occasional swipe at my leg with his long slobbery tongue. We have such a beautiful relationship.


It's a boy! It's a man?! No, it's me flexing for the camera. I promise there's a ponytail there somewhere. Besides a pink shirt and a purple hat? Plus the only males you'd catch in shorts that short are long distance runners and maybe my dad (don't worry, we're working on him).

We went from Wallace Marine Park in Salem to Wheatland Ferry somewhere outside of Salem. It was a good trip. One I'd do again anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Is your dad stuck in the 70s?? Looks like a fun trip and I'm glad the teacher didn't get dumped overboard!

    ReplyDelete