Thursday, August 13, 2009

For the Record

I finally broke down and bought a new mattress this week. This might not seem like big news, but consider this: my parents bought me the mattress I replaced about 20ish years ago. Back then I was about 3 feet tall and 50lbs. I have since then doubled in height and about tripled in weight. That mattress has endured nearly 7,000 nights of my tossing and turning. Not to mention its use as a trampoline when I was younger - like a couple of months ago...I'm kidding, I haven't jumped on it for at least a year.
I'm still not quite willing to part with my bed though. My dad made each of us kids really beautiful twin beds when we lived at home. If he had realized then what amazon children he had bred, he might have made them a bit longer than the standard twin. At some point I broke down and removed my foot board. 'It's better to let your toes dangle than to sleep at an angle.' I don't know where that came from, but I should post it above my headboard. Haha, I'm so clever. ;-p Peace!

1 comment: