Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Can it!

I know it's kind of hard to tell here in the Pacific Northwest, but spring is here, and summer is coming. You know what that means? It means things are growing. Which means it's time to get serious with canning and preserving all that the Willamette Valley has to offer. If you're looking for a refresher course or are a first timer just wanting to get your feet wet, you should look into taking a local canning class. Actually, these classes are also good for veteran canners who enjoy the camaraderie of canning with a group and the joy of making a mess in somebody else's kitchen. Check out www.thegoodjar.com for an all-inclusive canning experience in the historic district of Aurora, OR. These classes include a light lunch (that never fails to impress), and a Victorian era atmosphere as they take place in a carriage house of that period.
All the cool kids are doing it. You don't want to be left out.

1 comment:

  1. And the residence baby is adorable too! How much is your sister paying you to advertise? (lol) Just kidding, if I lived closer I would go to the class... cause I'm cool :-) and I don't mind making a mess in someone else's kitchen (that one sold me! good job B.W.)

    ReplyDelete