You win some, you lose some. I'm still a little grumpy, but if you're curious, I lost this one. I was shooting for 7:20-7:30/mile pace. I felt good and maintained my goal pace for 20 miles, was still within a few seconds for mile 21. Then I tanked. Hard. I ran 8:45, 9:55 and then 10:00+ for the last three. I watched a bizillion people blaze by while my legs were so cramped I cold barely pick my feet up off the ground. I was mildly concerned at one point that I might black out, but luckily I crossed the finish line on my own two feet. Sounds like fun, right? Seriously, it's usually not that bad. I don't know why that happened. I really thought I was being conservative, but maybe I wasn't prepared well enough to run that pace. Maybe it was just an off day. What can you do? I got a fabulous shirt out of the deal. :) Better luck next time, if I get motivated to train for another one.
Peace Out.
If you can't even enjoy the post-race endorphins, why oh why do it? Poor Bob.
ReplyDeleteMy little chikita...you are still a hero in my eyes. You beat me you little brat!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
mom
YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF. You and your crazy high standards. YOU RAN A MARATHON, YOU RAN 21 MILES OF A MARATHON AT A 7:30 MILE PACE. (If I keep writing in CAPS does it get into your brain how awesome you are?) I know you wanted to do better, but it sounds like you are on your way to making your goal... even if it is CRAZY. :)
ReplyDeleteEveryone needs a Stacy in their life. And a mom. And a big sis.
ReplyDelete