Monday, May 24, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Kitchen edition:

My little (huge) bro made me a cutting board for Christmas. He made it out of hard maple, so it can stand up to my sweet super sharp knives. I use it every day, and pretty much love it. Plus it's better for out knives than the plastic boards.


Love this stuff. Can probably live without it but don't want to.


Not just for spanking naughty kids. I like my spatulas, but I love my wooden spoons. I have a big one and a mini one, and they're the best for stirring things in my frying pan and dutch oven. They don't scratch, but they get the job done.

Speaking of frying pan and dutch oven...they're fantastic. Le Creuset is my guilty pleasure. The cast iron frying pan is h-e-a-v-y, but I'm still a big fan.

Last but not least...

...bowls with spouts. I could spend my retirement on these things. I don't have much of a retirement yet, so I could purchase about five. And I'd use every one. I have three already. They're all different sizes, and I use them all the time. I love my bowls. I really love my bowls with spouts.

That's my story. Those are my favorite, most used items (not including my crazy sharp knives that I am married to).

3 comments:

  1. I have the cutest bowl with a spout, actually it's a set of three. You need to come over and I'll show it to you. Then you can clean my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'm noticing a theme here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo....your point. My house still needs to be cleaned.

    ReplyDelete