Somebody finally realized it's supposed to be summer around here and flipped a switch on the weather. We went from a high of 65 to a high of 95 in less than a week. My boy is miserable, but I'm sure happy to finally see the sun. If I'm happy - I think by default that should mean he's happy. That's how it works, right? Can somebody please clue him in?
I don't have pictures just yet, but I ran and finished the Siskiyou Outback 50k this weekend. It was hard. But I'm glad I did it. If I am ever sick enough to do it again, I'm going to definitely have to rethink my training strategy. They call it the S.O.B. for good reason. There is a total elevation gain of about 4200 feet. In addition to the other shorter climbs, there is a 3.1 mile hill at mile 19ish that is b-r-u-t-a-l. I did a lot of walking at that point. And a lot rethinking my sanity for entering the race and maybe a little raging at the hill itself - which was especially effective. Once I found the top, however, the rest of the race wasn't so bad, and by the time I finished I even half believed I enjoyed myself out there. My boy was such a good sport. He got up at 4:45am to drive me out there, and was waiting for me at the finish line. I love that guy. I think I'll marry him.
The End.
I'm so glad that you survived! I was about to call you just to make sure that everything was okay :o)
ReplyDeleteWhen you are back in town, lets get together and talk about the wedding pictures mmmk?
Peace Out!
Then you came home like nothing ever happened that morning, no hitch, no nothing, very impressive and kind of sickening.
ReplyDeleteSorry we missed you. I was very selfish and really needed a nap and some r&r from life. Glad you "enjoyed" the race, (you really do need your head examinied) can't believe how hot it was. Going to Hellgate was so appropriate with the scorcher we had!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry we missed you too. We tried to get back in time to see you at the store. I guess August 7th it is.
ReplyDeleteAck! Thank goodness you are okay. I had these visions of pushing you down the aisle in a wheelchair. But, I forgot to remember you are the AMAZING Bobbi. Nice job!
ReplyDeleteCan we PLEASE hang out soon???
Hey, I want to hang out too! Pick me :)
ReplyDelete