Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Spoiled

Wow, I should get married more often. I've been so spoiled. If you're not married and need a pick me up, you should really look into gettin' hitched.
My big sis' and stinkin' sweet friend, Stacy, gave me a bridal shower this past weekend. At first I thought, "I already got the guy, why am I getting a party too?" Then I started thinking about spending a lifetime with this guy, who forgets to take his shoes off after I mop and who likes to practice turkey calling in the living room for hours at a time. It all started making sense. Just kidding. (I love you, Ross.)
Anyhow, the shower was pretty great. Shae, Stacy, and Mama Joe worked on cleaning and decorating all morning. It was so cute when they were done, and so much detail went into it. One of my friends commented, "I'm never throwing another shower again. I feel so inadequate." Seriously, between the decor and the food, they didn't mess around. For example they had truffles. But they didn't just have store bought truffles. They (Shae) hand rolled truffles. One variety was infused with lavender...that she picked from her garden.
They also made these incredible drinks that had homemade vanilla ice cream, a blueberry syrup (from berries picked the day before) or a mint syrup (from mint picked that morning) and club soda. They were as tasty as they were pretty.
There was just about a dozen people there, and sitting at the table with them I realized how blessed I am to have such good friends and supportive family members in my life. Not to get all sappy or anything, but I really couldn't ask for better people in my life. Plus, they brought me lots of presents...just saying. ;) Heehee.
Thank you so much!

6 comments:

  1. Well you certainly deserve to be spoiled. The outlay of food and decor (well that is not a big surprise... it was Shay) but looked impressive all the same.
    You have a great circle of friends, because you (not so Pathetic) are a wonderful person. You have a kind and giving heart; a great sense of humor and you treat life with the dignity and respect it should be given.
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet! You deserve it Bobbi :-)
    Hugs!
    btw, your mom's hair looks great AND she has cleavage! When did that happen? Maybe it's how you are squeezing her? Sorry couldn't resist... I know I'm going to hear about that one (yikes!)

    Love ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, big sis...I know you can't be jealous, but sometimes it just happens later in life. Doesn't help that I may be a bit on the heavy side at the present time. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll shake it! And...my darling daughter, you deserve all great things (as does your older sister). You are a blessing to us all and we are so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, your claiming to be "a bit on the heavy side right now" is like me claiming to be "a bit on the short side right now." It just doesn't work for us. But nice try. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's ok to have them.... yeah, give me a break "heavy side" don't make me puke, I'm mean laugh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I'll weigh in, if you will, on the sidebar but just wanted to say how fun it was to plan and throw you this party and it's so nice to finally return some of the spoiling. You've been using hand-me-down everything for too long!

    ReplyDelete