Monday, January 5, 2009

Hi Ho Hi Ho, back to work we go...

We are one period back into the cussing, whining, and full out stuborness of high school students, and I'm almost ready for another three week intermission.
But teaching is supposed to be so rewarding and fullfilling, right? Wrong. Christmas, spring, and summer breaks are rewarding. Yes ma'am. I do like vacations.
Work isn't all bad I suppose. There is definitely humour in this job, sometimes you just have to look for it. For example, a freshman boy currently in the sex ed unit of his health class asked the newely married male PE teacher if he had "conceived yet." Now that's funny. Then there are the girls with their painted on pants and big hair. What statement are they trying to make exactly? Girls, you can't balance out the size of your hips by adding to the size of your head. Doesn't work. Sorry. But you do look funny, and I can appreciate that. My other favorite joke (besides all of the excuses for why they can't participate in class) is watching the boy who thinks he's just run a marathon after we do our 12 minutes of walking and jogging. He likes to hunch over, hold his chest, and walk with a limp. Everyday. After every run. Until he's been revitalized by the water fountain, and suddenly miracle upon miracles he can breath, his limp is gone, and he's ready for more.
Oh, the life of a PE teacher. Can we do something about the B.O. though? I mean seriously people, it's disgusting. Keep your arms down when you talk to me.....sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment