
I think I have a problem. Hi. My name is Bobbi and I am a runaholic.
Here is an ode to running. (I don't really know what an ode is, but I'm about to do some serious rhyming. Don't be alarmed if it makes little sense or has no rhythm, just go with it.)
I am a self proclaimed runner.
I can think of nothing 'funner'
than logging some miles with my mother,
sister, friends or somebody or another.
I like to run long and far,
especially in places you can't get to by car.
Hills and trails that raise the bar,
logging roads and parks are all above par.
I run early before others are awake,
or late when it's for my own sanity's sake.
I run out my frustration when I've made a mistake,
and I run to burn Calories from the things that I ate.
Sometimes running is my love song
back to the God to whom I belong.
It's my time to think, to dream, to long,
and it's running that makes me strong.
I like to run. :) I am so excited for Saturday, and my first run with a new group of people I've never really met before. My church is starting a run/walk group to help get people healthy and motivated and what not. I'm super excited about it. And yes, I am a little sick - I looked up some of their times in races I knew they had run, now that I know their names. Hehe. Who does that? But for real, I'm just excited to have somebody to run with, and I'm really excited to have the opportunity to hopefully make some connections with people I go to church with. I recognize faces here and there, but I don't really know anybody. This should be fun. Yea running! :)
Here is an ode to running. (I don't really know what an ode is, but I'm about to do some serious rhyming. Don't be alarmed if it makes little sense or has no rhythm, just go with it.)
I am a self proclaimed runner.
I can think of nothing 'funner'
than logging some miles with my mother,
sister, friends or somebody or another.
I like to run long and far,
especially in places you can't get to by car.
Hills and trails that raise the bar,
logging roads and parks are all above par.
I run early before others are awake,
or late when it's for my own sanity's sake.
I run out my frustration when I've made a mistake,
and I run to burn Calories from the things that I ate.
Sometimes running is my love song
back to the God to whom I belong.
It's my time to think, to dream, to long,
and it's running that makes me strong.
I like to run. :) I am so excited for Saturday, and my first run with a new group of people I've never really met before. My church is starting a run/walk group to help get people healthy and motivated and what not. I'm super excited about it. And yes, I am a little sick - I looked up some of their times in races I knew they had run, now that I know their names. Hehe. Who does that? But for real, I'm just excited to have somebody to run with, and I'm really excited to have the opportunity to hopefully make some connections with people I go to church with. I recognize faces here and there, but I don't really know anybody. This should be fun. Yea running! :)
You should submit that somewhere. Very clever as always.
ReplyDelete