Thursday, January 1, 2009

Playing House

Sometimes owning your own house can be a pain in the butt.  Like when the kitchen linoleum is a disaster, the sliding glass door's handle breaks off, and the dishwasher won't function properly.  But sometimes it's a blast.  Like right now.  The dog and I have enjoyed a nice and relaxed New Year's Eve and New Year's morning re-organizing and re-decorating.  I have thoroughly enjoyed finding places to put all of my Christmas gifts, and Youk has enjoyed re-arranging his bed.  Most recently he has moved it from it's location in the middle of the living room, to a spot nearer to the sliding glass door; presumably, to have a better view of the yard.  He was snoring like a logger a minute ago, so it must be a prime location.  It's also closer to the heater vent, so maybe that was the attraction.  At any rate, it's almost 10:00 and I'm still in my PJ's enjoying the lazy morning while listening to the wind and rain outside.  Eventually, I'll get inspired to change my clothes and go for a run, but in the mean time I'm going to enjoy playing house for a little bit longer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment