Friday, June 26, 2009
I saw the light
It's true, we saw some sun yesterday. It's gone now. Severe thunderstorms are in the forecast. Is this really June 26th? We took full advantage of the nice weather yesterday and after working outside in the afternoon, we spent the evening with some of Ross' friends playing disc golf in a mosquito infested swamp land. I don't think the course was supposed to be underwater, but what with the four inches of rain Maine got last week, it was a bit damp. We trudged through. We lost two discs on the first hole. We each doused ourselves in the strongest bug repellent on the planet and escaped with no fewer than four dozen bites each. We almost lost two more discs. I heard more incriminating stories about Ross. We played until it was dusk, and the sun was setting on the eighteenth hole. Then we ate some delicious BBQ. And it was good. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you are having fun! I am watering your plants today. I will let you know how everything looks. ENJOY!
ReplyDeleteHmmm underwater disc golf... is that like underwater basketweaving?
ReplyDeleteHere's some advice... don't scratch. Hope I am not too late with that very sound advice, you can pass it on.
Love ya!
Ps My "Fanny" is sore from my workout with Amy using the Kettlebells. UGHH!!!!!
Oh brother, it's official. You're a grandma. Fanny is most definitely only used by grandmothers, and even then I'm not sure if it is acceptable.
ReplyDelete